Yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of my mother’s death. It’s hard to believe it has been that long. In some ways it feels like yesterday…
She is so loved and missed by so many people. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about her. Here are a few pictures that I found the other day as I was going through some old photo albums around the house.
April. How is it even possible we are a quarter of the way through 2016?! Time flies.
As we enter into a new month, I want to focus on a few goals for the month of April. A few of these goals will be running related (surprise, surprise) and a few will be more general. Without further ado…here are my goals for the month of April.
- 100 mile month. Between work and my right foot giving me some issues, the last two months have been a little slower for me (and by slower I mean less than 100 miles…). The goal for April is to break 100 miles.
- I am running the Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon at Walt Disney World on April 17. My goal is to run this half for enjoyment and pain free.
- Cross training. I was much better about this a few years ago. But as I started to increase my running mileage, my cross training took a backseat. My goal this month is to add in a day of cross training in addition to running.
- I love to read and yet sometimes I get distracted by TV, iPhone games and just life in general. The goal this month is to read two new books.
- Cut back on Starbucks. Those of you who know me know that cutting back on Starbucks is a huge deal. I have gotten into the habit recently of going almost every single day. For one, it’s not great on our bank account. But more importantly, I really don’t need the extra calories every day. The plan for April is to drop 1-2 days a week.
- Technology. It’s a great thing, but shouldn’t dominate our lives. The final goal for April is to cut back my iPhone, computer and iPad time, especially first thing in the morning and late at night. I’m hoping to use this time to read, run and most importantly, be present with Rachel.
What are some goals you are thinking about for April?