How is it already May 6?! It feels like this year has flown by! We have a pretty busy month ahead of us, but a lot to look forward to. Here are a few things on tap for the month of May.
- My dad will be in town this weekend visiting my younger brother Will for his birthday. We will spend tomorrow evening with them. I’m very much looking forward to seeing my brother’s family and my dad! Feels like it’s been ages since we’ve seen them.
- Movies, Movies, Movies! May brings about the “unofficial” start of the summer movie season. We are seeing Captain America: Civil War on Sunday afternoon and plan on catching at least a few more blockbusters this month.
- Next weekend, we will be celebrating Rachel’s birthday (early) with her side of the family. Not sure what we are doing quite yet, but Rachel mentioned grilling out, which is always good with me! There is also a good chance we will be seeing our friends the Popes next weekend as well. It’s been way too long since we’ve seen them, so I’m excited to catch up with some of our favorite friends.
- The 3rd weekend, I am taking Rachel down to Disney (yes, again) for her actual birthday. We are staying at the Port Orleans resort and we are very excited. Several of our friends, who live down there, are planning on coming over on Saturday (her actual birthday) to celebrate with us. It should be a great weekend!
- Finally, for Memorial Day weekend, we are heading to Standing Rock, Dover, Tennessee for Rachel’s family reunion (on her mom’s side). It’s been 10 years since Rachel has been to this reunion, so we knew it was time to go back. We are hoping to stop off in Nashville on the way up there for a night to see several friends who live up there. Should be a great weekend with family and friends.
All in all, it’s going to be a busy month! What’s on your agenda for May?