Over the past few months, I haven’t had any races on the schedule, so I’ve been able to run without training for anything specific. It’s been a nice break away after a busy 4 months with 4 half marathons and a full marathon.
This summer I only have the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th (the largest 10K in the world) before a busy fall race schedule.
One of the races I have this fall is the Chicago marathon in October. This means I will begin officially training next month in the Atlanta summer heat/humidity. That should be a lot of fun….
My race schedule for the rest of 2016:
- AJC Peachtree Road Road – July 4
- Disneyland Half Marathon – September 4
- Craft Classic Atlanta Half Marathon – September 10
- Chicago Marathon – October 9
- Atlanta 10 Miler – October 25
- Thanksgiving Half Marathon – November 26
Looking forward to sharing my experiences with training and running these races over the course of the year. It’s going to be a fun second half of 2016!