I think some of my favorite films of each year come out in November and December. In some ways it’s become a stronger time for movies than even the summer blockbusters, sequels and reboots.
Below are the movies I’m most looking forward to for the next 2 months.
- Doctor Strange At this point, I’ve seen every other Marvel film in the past decade and they haven’t let me down so far. Plus, I absolutely love Benedict Cumberbatch, so I’m definitely seeing this one.
- Arrival The military is exploring a mysterious spacecraft after it lands on Earth…this film looks really interesting. Throw in Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner and Forest Whitaker…looks like a winner!
- Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them If you know me, you know I love Harry Potter. A lot. I have seen the movies countless number of times. I’ve read the books probably half a dozen times as well. We’ve been to Harry Potter World in Orlando more times than I can count. So when they do a movie in the same universe 5 years after the last film, I will be there opening night. In fact, Rachel and I already have our tickets/seats. To say I’m excited would be an understatement.
- Moana Disney. Animated. Classics. Rachel and I love Disney animated classic movies almost as much as we love going to Disney. Yeah…I think we’ll see this.
- Office Christmas Party This movie looks hilarious. I don’t know a ton about it, but I love a good comedy. I’m down.
- La La Land Ryan Gosling. Emma Stone. Hearing amazing reviews already from critics as well. Enough said.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story The Star Wars saga continues and all I can say is take my money please and thank you.
- Collateral Beauty There are a few actors that I pretty much watch anything they are in. Will Smith is one of those actors. Plus, with a cast that features Kate Hudson, Keira Knightley, Edward Norton and Helen Mirren, you know it’s going to be a good film.
- Passengers Maybe the hottest two actors in Hollywood right now with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence. Throw in a super intriguing plot line…I’ve been excited about this one for a while now.
- Sing I don’t know why, but this movie looks super fun to me. Not sure we will see this in the theaters, but it’s definitely a rental at some point.
There you have it…some of the movies I’m looking forward to over the next 2 months. What movies are you excited about seeing?