“So this is the new year. And I don’t feel any different.” Death Cab for Cutie
As we enter into a new year, I find myself reflecting on 2016, while looking forward to 2017. Below are some exciting things that are happening in 2017.
- Walt Disney World Half Marathon Rachel and I are running the half marathon at Walt Disney World this coming weekend. It will be the 5th straight half marathon I’ve run over the January race weekend.
- Princess Half Marathon Rachel is running the half marathon at Disney at the end of February. I will be spectating this race, but am excited to go with her!
- Publix Half Marathon Rachel and I are running this race in mid-March in Atlanta. It was one of my favorite races in 2016.
- Tinkerbell Half Marathon Rachel and I are heading out to Disneyland over Mother’s Day in May to run this half marathon. It will be our 4th consecutive Coast to Coast Challenge!
- TBA At the moment, these are the only races on the schedule for 2017. I assume I will add several more races to the schedule over the course of the year.
- 10 Year Anniversary Trip: Rachel and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary (which is actually January 27) by heading to Paris (including Disneyland Paris for a few days), Barcelona and a Mediterranean (Disney) Cruise with stops in Italy and France. We will be leaving in late August and returning 16 days later. We are very excited!
- Family Milestones:
- Rachel and I celebrate 10 years of marriage.
- My Dad is turning 70 years old.
- Rachel’s Dad is also turning 70.
- My brother Will is turning 40.
- Rachel’s brother Travis turns 30.
- Trips: In addition to our anniversary trip, we have several other exciting trips we are looking forward to in 2017.
- Disney As annual passholders, we will more than likely make a few additional trips to Orlando to visit Disney for a few days.
- California In November, Rachel’s annual work conference takes her to San Diego. I plan on joining her for a few days after her conference so we can sightsee.
- Whittaker Family Trip My family is planning a trip together around Thanksgiving or after Christmas. This has become a every other year tradition in my family. This year we are looking at the mountains or the beach.
- Hilton Head Island Every summer we typically spend a few days at the beach in Hilton Head with Rachel’s family.
Overall I’m hoping for a happy and healthy 2017! I hope you all have a great year as well!