Many of you know that I am a huge Starbucks fan. I find myself at a Starbucks almost every day. Some days I even grab a table and work, blog, read, etc…
Today as I’m sitting at the Starbucks right up the street from our townhome, I find myself more in observation mode than anything else. Here are some random observations I am having this afternoon.
- The middle of the afternoon is one of the worst times to visit my Starbucks. This particular Starbucks is up the street from a private school (Marist), and I think half the school is here.
- Most of kids from Marist look to be in high school and are 95% girls. They have all ordered venti frappuccinos with extra whipped cream.
- They are all on their cellphones and most look to be on Instagram.
- One of the girls is crushing hard on the only Marist guy here. She’s super cute, but is trying too hard. I think the guy knows she likes him and is playing it cool. Nice play, guy. Nice play.
- The rest of the people here look like they’re working. They all have their headphones in.
- Mobile order at Starbucks is a beautiful thing. I walked in and saw the line of 20 people, so I ordered my drink via mobile order and had my drink in 5 minutes. I probably had my drink before 15 of the 20 people in line.
- The weather for February 17 is insanely nice. It’s almost 70 degrees in Atlanta, which is quite warm for this time of year.
- Half of the people are still wearing jackets even though it’s 70 degrees out.
- Lululemon could have sponsored the clothing here, as most of the Marist kids and several of the women are wearing it.
- The John Williams Pandora station is providing the soundtrack to my blog post. It’s so good.
- Two of the baristas at Starbucks know me by name. I may come here too much….