Yesterday I started my “Best of 2017” lists with “Top Movies of 2017.” I always enjoy taking a look back at the last 12 months in regards to the best personal and pop culture moments in my life.
Continuing with my personal top moments of 2017. Quite a few of these will include running and Disney because I love both of those things.
This list is in order chronologically, not by importance.
- “Running” the WDW Half Marathon in January, which technically got canceled for bad weather. However, I was able to get in my 13.1 miles the next day. Plus, Rachel’s parents spent several days at the parks with us.
- Celebrating Dad’s 70th birthday and engagement with my family in February.
- Running the Princess Half Marathon in late February with Rachel (and about 15K other women).
- Spending the weekend in the Dalton/Chatsworth, GA area in April and running the Tear Drop Half Marathon.
- Going to California/Disneyland to run the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in May. This was our 4th straight “coast to coast” year (running at least a half marathon in Florida and California in the same calendar year).
- Visiting Pandora (in Animal Kingdom) less than 10 days after it opened in early June.
- Running the Peachtree Road Race (the world’s largest 10K) with my good friend Meredith on the 4th of July.
- Celebrating and helping officiate my Dad’s wedding to Suzanne in Enterprise, Alabama in early August.
- Running the SeaWheeze Half Marathon in Vancouver in mid-August with my good friend Justin Stone. Justin’s wife Devin and Rachel came and cheered us on!
- Spending an amazing 16 days in Europe celebrating 10 years of marriage. We hit up Disneyland Paris, Paris, Barcelona, Disney Cruise, Pompeii, Naples, Rome, Florence, Cannes and Nice.
- Renewing our season passes to WDW in late September for another magical year.
- Visiting Disney World in mid-October and hitting up the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot and the Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom.
- Running in the Atlanta 10 Miler (October) and Thanksgiving Half (November) to complete my second consecutive Triple Peach (which includes the Peachtree Road Race in July).
- Spending 5 days in November with Rachel and our good friend Janell in San Diego and Disneyland.
- Seeing most of my family 3 different times in 5 weeks, including celebrating Thanksgiving in Enterprise, seeing my brother’s Christmas concert in Buford and early Christmas celebrations in Auburn.
So…How was your 2017?