It’s been a while since I’ve done a blog post on my monthly goals/dreams. So as the weather is finally turning warmer…let’s take a look at my goals for the month of April.
- Blog Posts Honestly, I’ve been super busy with work and life, and the blog has taken a backseat. My first goal for April is to blog 2-3 times a week. I’ve actually got several things I want to talk about, so hopefully this will be an easy goal to hit.
- Running April is one of my favorite months for running. Typically the weather is almost perfect. Not too cold or too hot. My next goal is to hit at least 100 miles for the month. Now, I’ll be honest, this isn’t that much of a stretch for me, as I typically average 100 miles a month already. So to add more to the goal, I want to try to hit 100 miles for the month, while only running 4 days a week. This will require more longer run days as I really want to use more days for rest or cross training during the week.
- Reading This has definitely taken a backseat recently. I usually read at least a few books each month, but I have definitely dropped the ball. So my next goal is to finish 3 books in April. I’ve got several books lined up, so I’m ready to tackle this goal head on.
- Quality Time With Rachel It’s no secret that marriage takes work. Rachel and I are pretty intentional about spending time together…but sometimes the time gets spent just watching TV or sitting around playing on our phones. My next goal is to have some time throughout each week for quality time with my wife. Whether it’s just taking a walk through the park, or spending time talking at Starbucks, I want us to have some time away from all the other distractions around us.
- Connecting With Friends Another goal of mine is to take some time each week to connect with friends who I haven’t seen/reached out to in a while. It’s super easy to get comfortable with the circle of people around you, but I want to make sure I stay connected with those friends who mean just as much to me.
- Limited Social Media Time This goal is going to take some work. But I really want to limit the amount of time I’m on social media this month. I’m not trying to stay off it every day…just limit the time I spend on it. I have found myself spending way too much of my day looking at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc…
- Random Acts Of Kindness My final goal for the month of April is to look for a few ways each week to do a random act of kindness for someone. Not sure exactly what this will look like yet, but I want to take some time each week to make someone’s life a little brighter.
Anyways…I’m looking forward to a great month of April. I’ll definitely let you all know how it goes!
2 thoughts on “April Goals”