I’m a sucker for a good “Best of List.” Whether it’s movies, concerts, music, tv shows, sports teams…I always find myself reading them and then creating my own list in my mind.
So for the month of December, I thought I might do my own version of a best of list. Not sure how many I will do and how often but for today, I wanted to start with my personal top moments of 2015. Quite a few of these will include running and Disney because I love both of those things.
This list is in order chronologically, not by importance.
- Running the “Goofy Challenge,” which included my first full marathon, in January. (Goofy Challenge is a Half Marathon on Saturday and a Full Marathon on Sunday for a total of 39.3 miles.)
- Moving into our new house in February.
- Rachel’s brother getting married in March.
- Running my first sub 2:00 half marathon in Montgomery, Alabama in March.
- Duke Basketball winning the national title in basketball in April.
- Staying on property at the Walt Disney World Resort for Rachel’s 30th birthday in May.
- Going to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina in late May/early June with Rachel’s family.
- Visiting my Dad with my siblings over the 4th of July.
- Visiting one of Rachel’s best friends and her husband in August up in Durham, North Carolina for the weekend.
- Spending a week over Labor Day at the Disneyland resort while running the Disneyland Half Marathon. This was our 2nd straight “coast to coast” year (running at least a half marathon in Florida and California in the same calendar year).
- Renewing our season passes at WDW in October for another magical year.
- Having a super busy but amazing November.(Officiating my friends Ellis and Colleen’s wedding, California road trip from San Francisco to Anaheim, beach trip to Florida over Thanksgiving with my family)
- Turning a new decade in December as well as going to the SEC Championship Football Game.
Below is a small sample of my top moments from the year 2015.