A few days ago I started my first “Best of List” with “Top Moments Of 2015.” I enjoyed taking a look back at the last 12 months. It’s been a great and busy year.
Today I wanted to take a look at my favorite TV shows from the year 2015. I love watching good TV shows. Once you get me hooked into a good storyline and compelling characters, I will stay with a TV show until the very end. Two of my favorite shows (Mad Men and Parks & Recreation) ended this year. But several new shows have entered into my weekly viewing.
I have 4 comedies and 4 dramas on the list this year. Several (House of Cards and True Detective specifically) would have made the list last year, but put up disappointing 2015 seasons in my opinion. Below is the list of shows in no specific order (but broken up by drama and comedy). Enjoy!
- Fargo: Fargo is easily becoming one of my favorite shows of all time. I loved the first season, but I actually might be enjoying this season even more. The final episode of this season is tonight. I have high hopes!
- Mad Men: Mad Men ended this year with a fantastic second half of Season 7 (the first half aired in 2014). I started watching this show in season 2 and never looked back. For me, Don Draper is one of the best characters in the history of television. If you have never seen this show, I can’t recommend it enough.
- Game of Thrones: HBO is responsible for some of the best TV shows of all time. GoT has definitely joined this list. If you have never seen this show, be warned…do not get attached to any specific character. That is all.
- Better Call Saul: To know me is to know that I am a huge Breaking Bad fan. It is my favorite TV show of all time. I think it got better every season and ended on top. That’s a huge accomplishment. So I was very apprehensive about the prequel/spin-off Better Call Saul. It did not disappoint! I am very excited about the second season starting in a few months.
- Parks & Recreation: I will miss this show. Rachel and I loved watching it together. We loved the characters. They felt like family. It’s one of those shows that also improved each season. Plus, Ron Swanson will forever be one of my favorite characters on TV.
- Last Man on Earth: Will Forte and Kristen Schaal have some of the best chemistry on TV. They are both so funny. While this show is only in its second season, it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite comedies on TV.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: First off, the theme song alone puts this show on the list. I still find myself singing it. Secondly, Titus Andromedon is unlike any other character on TV. But mainly, this show is quirky, witty and flat-out hilarious.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Michael Schur (The Office and Parks & Rec) helped create this show and it does not disappoint. In my opinion, this show has the most potential to be the next great comedy.
This is my list. There are several shows that were close to making the cut and several shows that I haven’t seen yet, but have heard great things about. What were your favorite TV shows of 2015?
One thought on “Best of List: Top TV Shows of 2015”
Fargo is great! I will check some of these others out