Rachel and I love watching movies. Several years ago, we saw movies in the theaters all the time. However, it has gotten so expensive to go out to the movies, that we have become pretty picky about which films we pay money for.
This year has quite a few new movies coming out that I really want to see. Below is a list of the movies coming out between now and May that I am looking forward to. My guess is we will end up seeing about half of these in the actual theater, and we will end up renting the rest down the road.
- Hail! Caesar (February): This is definitely one I want to see in the theater. I love the Coen Brothers. Several of their movies are on my top movies of all time list. Fargo, No Country for Old Men, The Big Lebowski…I could go on and on.
- Deadpool (February): This movie looks really cool and really funny. Not sure if I’ll end up seeing this in the theater or waiting till later. But Ryan Reynolds looks much better as a anti-hero (Deadpool) than the Green Lantern for sure.
- Zoolander No. 2 (February): I have mixed emotions about this one. I loved the first movie. Derek Zoolander is one of my favorite Ben Stiller roles. Honestly, I don’t know enough about this new movie to truly have an opinion. But I’ll definitely see it at some point.
- Zootopia (March): If you know anything about Rachel and me, you know we love Disney. This movie looks like another slam dunk for the mouse. Can’t wait to see it.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March): I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE! The previews look awesome. I am a little skeptical of Ben Affleck as Batman, but I trust Zack Snyder as a director. Can’t wait!
- The Jungle Book (April): We really enjoyed the live action version of Cinderella last year. I’m curious to see The Jungle Book as a live action film. Plus, Bill Murray as the voice of Baloo is a great choice!
- The Huntsman: Winter’s War (April): I thought the first movie (Snow White and the Huntsman) was very entertaining. This one looks like more of a rental for us.
- Captain America: Civil War (May): Maybe the #1 movie I am looking forward to on this list. I love the Marvel films and Captain America. We will see this as soon as it comes out!
- Neighbors 2 (May): The first movie was hilarious. I hope this one is too. Curious to see the reviews. My guess is this movie will end up being a rental with so many amazing movies coming out in May.
- Alice Through The Looking Glass (May): I so wish Tim Burton was directing this sequel. I thought the first movie was amazing. However, the trailers for this sequel look great, so I am cautiously optimistic. Plus, this is one of Alan Rickman’s last roles as the voice of the Caterpillar.
- X-Men: Apocalypse (May): We both love the X-Men movies. The first two movies, with this new cast, were excellent. Looking forward to seeing this one in the theater!
And there you have it: The movies in the first half of 2016 that I am looking forward to. I’m sure I am missing a few others, but this is a pretty long list already.
What movies are you excited about seeing this year?