I love a good “Best Of…” list. So for the next several blog posts, I will be sharing some of my favorite things of 2016. Today’s post will feature my favorite movies of 2016. It’s an interesting list because Rachel and I used to be big moviegoers. We would go 2-3 times a month. However, over the past few years, we don’t get out to the movies as much. With the high ticket prices and the fact that you can stream movies so quickly after they are in the theaters, we end up limiting which movies we see to the ones we really want to see sooner rather than later.
All that to say, I am behind on quite a few films that I was hoping to catch this year. But I still saw some excellent films this year. In no particular order, here we go…
- Zootopia I’ll start with a Disney animated classic because, as you know, we love Disney! Zootopia was smart, funny and incredibly well done. We’ve already watched it several more times this year.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them I love Harry Potter. The movies, books, theme parks, you name it. I was super pumped when they announced they would be doing a series of movies in the same universe. And this movie did not disappoint. I can’t wait for the next one!
- 10 Cloverfield Lane I thought this movie was seriously underrated. I ended up renting it this summer and I was on the edge of my seat. I love a good movie with a twist; plus, John Goodman was fantastic, as well as the rest of the small cast.
- Hail, Caesar! Another movie that I thought was underrated. The Coen Brothers are on my top 5 list of directors. I will basically see anything they put out and they almost never disappoint.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story I loved this movie. I saw it last Thursday night and walked away super impressed. It’s a war movie and so much more. Highly recommend for any Star Wars fan!
- Captain America: Civil War Honestly, at this point, my favorite Marvel movies are the Captain America movies. I’ve loved all 3 of them and this one might be my favorite. With so much action, top notch visual effects and a solid story line, I was completely entertained.
- Finding Dory I’ll close this list with a Pixar movie. Pixar is one of the companies I admire the most. They consistently put out quality films each year, and Finding Dory is no exception. Fun fact…Finding Nemo was the first movie Rachel and I saw together!
Several movies that I haven’t seen yet, but hope to soon:
- Everybody Wants Some
- Sing Street
- La La Land
- Manchester By The Sea
- The Lobster
What are some of your favorite movies from 2016?