Finishing up my “Best of List” with my personal top moments of 2016. Quite a few of these will include running and Disney because I love both of those things.
This list is in order chronologically, not by importance.
- Running the “Dopey Challenge” in January. (Dopey Challenge is a 5K on Thursday, 10K on Friday, Half Marathon on Saturday and Full Marathon on Sunday for a total of 48.6 miles.)
- Visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in early March with our friend Janell.
- Running the inaugural Dark Side Half Marathon at the Walt Disney World Resort in late April and staying at the Wilderness Lodge.
- Becoming a BibRave Pro in early May, which allowed me to test different running products and meet some great people!
- Going back to Walt Disney World for the 3rd straight month to celebrate Rachel’s birthday and staying at Port Orleans: Riverside.
- Spending Memorial Day weekend in Tennessee with Rachel’s family at Standing Rock Creek for their family reunion.
- Going to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina in June for a couple of days with Rachel’s family.
- Running the Peachtree Road Race (the world’s largest 10K) with Rachel on the 4th of July.
- Spending a week over Labor Day at the Disneyland resort while running the Disneyland Half Marathon. This was our 3rd straight “coast to coast” year (running at least a half marathon in Florida and California in the same calendar year).
- My job changed at the church I’ve been working at for the past 2 years. I am now the Director of Activities and Students at St. James UMC in Atlanta.
- Renewing our season passes at WDW in late September for another magical year.
- Running in the Chicago Marathon in October.
- Running in the Atlanta 10 Miler (October) and Thanksgiving Half (November) to complete the Triple Peach (which includes the Peachtree Road Race in July).
- Celebrating my birthday weekend at Walt Disney World with great friends. This time we stayed at Port Orleans: French Quarter.
- Spending last weekend in Alabama with my family celebrating Christmas a week early. This included a few other surprises that I won’t mention here!
Below is a small sample of my top moments from the year 2016.