Today’s post will feature my favorite movies of 2015. It’s an interesting list because Rachel and I usually are big moviegoers. We normally go 2-3 times a month, especially during the summer and late fall. However,this year we didn’t get out to the movies as much. With movie ticket prices continuing to rise and the fact that you can stream movies within 3-6 months after they are in the theater, we limited which movies we saw to the ones we really wanted to see sooner rather than later.
All that to say, we are behind on quite a few films that we were hoping to catch after the summer ended. So this list is shorter than I would have expected. But we still saw some excellent films this year. Here we go…
- Inside Out: I love Pixar movies. They stand the test of time. I have watched most of them numerous times. The last several Pixar movies have been good but not great for me. But wow…Inside Out brought it right back! Rachel and I both loved it. It’s deep, funny, sad, sweet and hits you in all on the right places.
- The Martian: This movie was so good for me. It was funny, intense and captivating. I loved Matt Damon’s character. You know it’s a good film when the movie ends and you can’t believe it was 140 minutes. I can’t recommend it enough!
- Ex Machina: I love movies that are different and unique. This is one of those movies. It’s weird and dark and really makes you think. And the acting is top notch. I’m not sure it’s for everyone, but it definitely makes my top list.
- Mad Max: Fury Road: This movie was so great. I had no expectation going in, but it blew me away. The action sequences alone make this a must-see movie. Plus, Tom Hardy is one bad dude (in a good way).
- Spectre: Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond since Sean Connery. Plus, I just love the Bond movies. They are always so entertaining. And anytime Christoph Waltz is the villain in a movie, you know it’s going to be a good one.
Several movies that I haven’t seen yet but hope to soon:
- Bridge of Spies
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (seeing this on Thursday night!)
- The Revenant
What are some of your favorite movies from 2015?