I saw this specific post (Things You May Not Know About Me) the other day on another blog and decided to do one for myself. Here are some things you might not know about Allen.
- I have played the guitar since I was 14 years old.
- I’ve written over 25 songs on the guitar (music and lyrics) over the past 25 years.
- I’ve been to 13 Dave Matthews Band shows.
- I have 8 nieces and nephews, which includes 4 girls and 4 boys.
- I was engaged 2 times before I met Rachel.
- I’ve only lived in two states (Alabama and Georgia).
- As much as I have loved Disney all of my life, I didn’t step foot in a Disney park from age 15 to age 29.
- I go to Starbucks almost every day of the week, but I actually don’t drink coffee.
- I sang in the Enterprise High School and Auburn University Concert Choirs, including performing in show choirs for 3 of those years.
- I have participated in over 40 weddings, from officiating to singing/playing guitar to being a groomsman or usher.
- I have been to 29 of the 50 U.S. states.
- Since I was 18 years old, I’ve spent 21 of the last 23 years in Student Ministry as my career.
- In college, I was in a band called Counterpart. We recorded an album and played several shows. I played rhythm guitar, sang backup vocals and sang lead vocals on a couple of songs. My friend Dallas and I co-wrote 95% of the songs.
- I’ve been a Duke Basketball fan for 30 years. I’ve attended more than 10 Duke games, including 3 games at Cameron Indoor Stadium.