Last week, I did a blog post on “Things You May Not Know About Me,” where I took a closer look at some things you may not have known about me. Today I will look at some of things you may not know about Rachel and Allen.
- We have lived in 6 different houses/apartments in 10 years of marriage.
- We both love everything pop culture: movies, music, TV, books – you name it.
- I proposed in the chapel of the church we attended at the time (Lawrenceville FUMC).
- Rachel was 21 and I was 31 when we got married.
- We are 9 and ½ years apart in age.
- The first concert we attended together was 311 (with opener Something Corporate – one of our faves over the years).
- Besides Atlanta, if we could live anywhere in the U.S., we’d live in Southern California.
- Rachel and I both ran our first half marathons together in January 2013.
- In the 10 years we’ve been married, Rachel has worked at the same company, and I’ve changed jobs…a few more times.
- We both attended SEC schools (Auburn University for me, University of Georgia for Rachel).
- The first movie we saw in the theater together was Finding Nemo.
- We both played for our high school tennis teams.
- We honeymooned in San Diego, and went to Disneyland for the first time (and have been many times since!).