It’s been a while since I’ve done a blog post on monthly goals. So as we move into a new month tomorrow, I want to talk about some goals for the month of February.
- Read 2 New Books: I love to read. Usually I find myself reading at least a book a month. However, I’ve been so busy lately that I’ve starting slacking on my reading. My first goal is to read 2 new books for the month of February. Not sure what yet, but I’m thinking at least 1 leadership book and maybe 1 fiction (fun) book.
- Run 100 Miles: With February only having 28 days, this one will take some work on my end. With no full marathons on the schedule right now, my weekly mileage has dropped a little bit. I’m still getting close to 20-25 miles a week, but I’m hoping to average 25 miles a week in February.
- Weekly Date Night: Rachel and I try to spend quality time together throughout the week. Another goal of mine is to have at least 1 night a week where I intentionally turn off my phone and Rachel and I have a meaningful conversation about our hopes and dreams.
- 3 Weekly Blog Posts: I’ve been blogging a little less over the past few months with my job change at the church. I want to blog at least 3 times a week.
- Reaching Out To Old Friends: As life gets busy, we all tend to get caught up in our own worlds. I am hoping to spend some time this month reaching out to some of my friends I haven’t seen or talked to in a while.
- Living In The Moment: Finally, I want to spend this month being present where I am. I think we all should disconnect from our devices a little more and live in the present. This will involve turning off devices early in the evening. Running without technology from time to time. Eating lunch without watching Netflix or staring at my phone/iPad. I want to live more in the now.
What are some of your goals for the month of February?